Place to Ponder

A place to ponder.....to sort, think, create and connect.

Sunday 27 July 2014

Summer Thinking in "Free Flow".

Three

It is summer time and although my thinking doesn't slow down, it is not as focused as it is during the days of classes and program implementation and the myriad of other school details. It is now an opportuntity to experience time differently.



During this thought "free flow" guided by who I am, and what I think I know and what I believe in, directions that grow in importance to me and the things I would like to accomplish, I have come up with a few questions.
What happens to us, educators, as we grow up in our careers?
Do we stand by our philosophy and our learning?
Do we keep our minds open?
Do we intentionally allow for new thinking and new directions and new strategies?
Do we keep track of what is happening in the community and the world and continue to innovate in our practice to assist students in readiness for the changes?

Summer gives me the opportunity to spend "free flow" time with family members. Looking at my 18 month old grandchild, and watching her learn, experiment with everything and become increasingly independent, I wonder, in a few years, when this little girl enters school (in whatever form school is at that time), will she be able to learn in her way, experiment, take risks, create and become increasingly skilled and independent? Will she keep her free flow excitement and enthusiasm and try everything?

I sure hope so.

Some of my free flow thinking, during this summer time, will be to ponder ways to develop strategies for and with the school team to help us all create the kind of place for all participants to engage, experiment, learn and develop skills in diverse ways with enthusiasm.

And to think about the next swim with a special person or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment